The actress Paz de la Huerta, alleged violation, sued Harvey Weinstein for $ 60 million

adminNovember 14, 2018



[ad_1]

[Whatyouneedtoknowtoeat:[Whatyouneedtoknowtostartyourday:[Loquenecesitassaberparacomenzartudía:[Whatyouneedtoknowtostartyourday:Get New York today in your inbox.]

The actress Paz de la Huerta was made public a year ago in Vanity Fair with accusations that Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood film producer, had raped her twice in her apartment in New York City. He later made the same accusation against the police and prosecutors, but the Manhattan district attorney refused to press charges.

Now, she is looking for a repair in a Superior Court of the state in California.

In a lawsuit filed on Tuesday, Ms. De la Huerta said that her sexual encounters with Mr. Weinstein, two in Manhattan and one in Los Angeles, led her to drink and emotionally destroyed her. He also accused him, without providing evidence, of torpedoing his career in the HBO drama "Boardwalk Empire."

His attorney, Aaron G. Filler, said the lawsuit seeks to use archived photos to corroborate Ms. De la Huerta's claims, showing that she and Mr. Weinstein were in the places where she said the assaults occurred.

"We started an investigation to obtain data that corroborate the specific dates," Filler said in an interview. "We rely on the archive photograph to show the dates of the initial event, the second violation in New York and the third event in Los Angeles."

Earlier this year, Mr. Weinstein was criminally charged with assaulting three women in Manhattan, but last month a judge dismissed one of the charges related to Lucia Evans, a marketing director. More than 80 women, including many actresses, have come forward to accuse Mr. Weinstein of sexual harassment, unwanted touches and crude propositions at the hands of groping and sexual assault.

Police officials and Mayor Bill de Blasio described Ms. De la Huerta's claims as "highly credible" when they first appeared last year, but it was never added to the case in Manhattan. One reason, Mr. Filler said, was that the Manhattan district attorney's office could not substantiate the date of the Los Angeles incident. Mr. Filler said he provided additional evidence to the Manhattan district attorney's office on Sunday. The office declined to comment on Tuesday.

Weinstein's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said in a statement that the Manhattan district attorney's office had rejected Ms. De la Huerta's claims "for obvious reasons." He called the claims of his claim "equally absurd and, unfortunately, the product of an unstable Personality with a vivid imagination."

According to Ms. De la Huerta's complaint, Mr. Weinstein raped her for the first time on December 7, 2010, after he took her home to her apartment in the TriBeCa neighborhood of Manhattan. The two had attended a party at the Top of the Standard, a room also known as the Boom Boom Room, where the opening of the movie "Blue Valentine" was held.

The complaint said that Mr. Weinstein warned Ms. De la Huerta that if she did not have sex with him, her career would be in danger. When she did not give his consent, he forced himself on her, the court documents said.

For the next two weeks, Mr. Weinstein harassed her, called her often and left the car idling in front of her residence, she said in the complaint. On December 23, Ms. De la Huerta said that Mr. Weinstein called her and told her that she was waiting in the lobby of her apartment building. He refused to leave until she knew him. Ms. De la Huerta said that she had been drinking a lot that night because she was fearful and depressed, "leaving herself unable to consent to any sexual dispute."

Mr. Weinstein promised Ms. De la Huerta that they would resolve the matter, but once inside his apartment, he said the complaint, dominated and raped her a second time.

Ms. De la Huerta said that she again met Mr. Weinstein at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills after an event of the British Academy of Television Arts on January 15, 2011. He had promised to talk to her about his dispute, he said, but then appeared at the entrance of his hotel room in a robe and was exposed. Ms. De la Huerta fled and Mr. Weinstein "seemed angry about his rejection and denunciation," the complaint said.

Ms. De la Huerta said that she experienced "severe emotional distress" after the incident and started drinking a lot. The next day, an intoxicated Mrs. De la Huerta was rejected from a later party at the Chateau Marmont hotel. And a video, which aired on the news on January 17, caught her stumbling and falling.

The lawsuit said that Ms. De la Huerta "was warned by Weinstein that any effort to take legal action against him would fail and push him to interfere with his future success and career as an actress."

In fact, Ms. De la Huerta suggested that Mr. Weinstein had destroyed his career. His complaint included pictures of Mr. Weinstein talking with Martin Scorsese, the producer of "Boardwalk Empire." Three weeks later, Ms. De la Huerta was dismissed from the program, which led her to believe that Mr. Weinstein "was complying with the threats." to harm her career if she challenged him. "

Pointing to a loss of income and work, she is seeking $ 60 million in damages.

[ad_2]

Source link

Categories

Leave a comment

Name *
Add a display name
Email *
Your email address will not be published
Website