Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine was transferred from a federal facility in Brooklyn after he allegedly received threats against his life.
Tekashi, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, was removed from the Metropolitan Detention Center in Sunset Park, where he was in the general population after his arrest on Sunday on charges of extortion and guns, according to the New York Post.
Hernandez's attorney, Lance Lazzaro, told the agency he was not sure where he was transferred to his client, but said he had been removed from the custody of the Bureau of Prisons on Wednesday night.
A prosecutor told a judge on Monday that former members of the rapper's crew tried to inflict damage on 6ix9ine after he accused them of turning against him. Federal authorities took the rapper into custody after learning he was planning a trip to a Connecticut casino and thought a hit on him could put other people in danger, according to TMZ.
RAPPER Tekashi BODYGUARD SHOT OF 6IX9INE ONLY HOURS AFTER SENTENCE IN THE CASE OF CHILD SEX: REPORT
A judge said at his initial hearing that there was evidence that he led or participated in multiple acts of violence as part of a deadly gang in the past eight months.
"The defendant is quite violent," said US Assistant Attorney General Michael Longyear on 6ix9ine.
Prosecutors alleged that 6ix9ine, 22, publicly declared himself a member of the violent New York gang, 9 Trey Bloods, which was mentioned in his indictment.
RAPPER Tekashi 6IX9INE ESCAPES THE TIME OF ENTRY IN THE CASE OF CHILD SEX: REPORT
Apparently, the gang carried out acts of murder, robbery and drug trafficking in Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn since at least 2013.
Rapper "STOOPID" also allegedly participated in a shootout in July of a passerby in Brooklyn and a robbery with a firearm from one of his rival's gangs last spring. He faces 32 years of life imprisonment if he is found guilty of his charges.
6ix9ine pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct at the Brooklyn Criminal Court in connection with a traffic stop in May. In a 2015 case, he was sentenced to probation for his participation in a sexually explicit video of a 13-year-old girl.
Ryan Gaydos of Fox News contributed to this report.