The first episode of Ariana Grande& # 39; s Dangerous woman diary is here!
The 27-minute "The Light Comes" episode, directed by Alfredo Flores, starts 18 months before the release of her latest album, sweetener. Grande gives the fans a back-stage look at her album release, showing what was going on in her life at that time and how things came together. The first episode ends with BTS recording of Grande's 2018 MTV Video Music Awards performance, where you can (very short) see its exits, Pete Davidson, smiling at her in the background. Grande's engagement ring can also be seen on the finger throughout the episode.
"This is the episode where we will get you into sweetener the world and let you see a little bit of this journey and how we created it, says Grande in the video. "And a little behind the scenes from" The Light Comes "and" God is a Woman "and makes the album, some studio time with[[[[Pharrell Williams]. "
"I'm tired," continues Grande. "When you release an album, it's like, temporarily dying. I'm so tired."
Let's take a look at five things Grande revealed in the first episode of Dangerous woman diary!
1. She feels she found her comfort zone sweetener: "As an artist, I want to love each project I work and in a special way," says Grande. "But this feels like the most" me "an album ever felt, it's just super close to home, more than I ever have felt I think. As many people were like: "Oh, how are you going to get out of your comfort zone?" And I'm like, "Nah, I do not feel I went out of my comfort zone, I feel like I found it. & # 39;
2. She is "so grateful" to Pharrell to help her grow musically: "I feel I've been working very hard long to solidify my sound and I feel it's more solid than ever," says Grande. "And I think it came from Pharrell that brings this new flavor, like" 90s-affected, it was stupid. He has brought so much life to this music and I am so grateful. "
3. Madonna gave them seven measures for her "God is a woman" Part: "Madonna gave us seven takes, not one but seven, "Ariana reveals." And I, about … I do not have words. Writing myself to sleep. Guys, life does not get better than this, I swear to God. If something changes, I'll be honest with God. "
4. She is more curious to hear the claims of her fans than anyone: "I'm always more curious to hear what my fans have to say than my label or someone because I feel we are so close to the relationship and relationship and relationship," explains Ariana, adding that the fan she flew from Paris heard the album before her label did.
5. She ran when she came up with the VMA Performance Concept: "I drove on a treadmill when I came up with the concept of VMA performance," Grande shares, "adding that she FaceTimed her team said they had to" recreate The Last Supper ".
See the whole first episode over!
Do not miss out E! News every weeknight at 7, just on E!