Sylvester Stallone will not face sex crimes charges in California.

USA TODAY got a notice of presentation at the Los Angeles district attorney's office on Tuesday, saying that because of "insufficient evidence", they are no longer investigating a sex crime case against Stallone, 72, for allegations of decades that resurfaced when a woman filed a police report in Santa Monica, California, last November.

The district attorney's office stated that Stallone and the anonymous woman had a consensual relationship in 1987. Although the woman alleged rape in 1987 and 1990, the witnesses she provided did not corroborate her allegations, according to the report. Santa Monica's accusations against Stallone are also outside the statue of limitations.

Stallone's representative, Michelle Bega, confirmed the report.

Last December, Stallone's attorney, Martin Singer, said Stallone "categorically denied" the rape allegations and called the claims "totally invented."

#MeToo a year later: Where is Hollywood now? For some, it's still lip service & # 39;

Singer previously admitted that Stallone had a consensus relationship with the accuser in the 1980s. "Stallone had a relationship with her for less than a week while filming a movie in Israel in 1987, he was single at the time and she was of legal age," he explained.

Singer claimed that the accuser went to the police after she could not persuade an anonymous media to publish a story about her complaints.

"There would be no reason to present a report of this kind because I knew it was too old a claim, but I wanted a story to be published." Despite this, he presented a police report, (and) the media was He refused to publish the story. "

Last year, Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey set up a task force of specially trained prosecutors after the news of Harvey Weinstein was released to investigate allegations of sex crimes in the entertainment industry. To date, the law enforcement agencies have sent 36 cases to the sex crimes unit, but a criminal complaint has not yet been filed.

Trailer of & # 39; Creed II & # 39; Michael B. Jordan, Adonis, has a baby and a black eye.

There is no longer a statute of limitations in cases of felony rape, forced sodomy, and child abuse committed in California after January 1, 2017. Crimes committed prior to that date must be prosecuted within 10 years after the date of the crime. However, if new DNA tests arise, the case can be processed after 10 years.

The accusation of Santa Monica is the second time that Stallone has been accused of sexual assault.

In 2016, The Daily Mail and The Baltimore Post-Examiner published reports that Stallone was charged with sexual assault by a 16-year-old girl while filming a movie in Las Vegas in 1986. The media reported that the teenager said Stallone, 40, He forced her to make a trio with her bodyguard. The stories reappeared in November 2017 after those media gained access to the police case files.

"This is a ridiculous and categorically false story," Bega said after the stories were published.

Stallone will return to play his role as Rocky Balboa in "Creed 2", which will be released on November 21.

Contributing: Maria Bridge

Read or share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/10/30/sylvester-stallone-no-sex-charges-filed-los-angeles-d/1824764002/