Kevin Spacey, 59, was formally prosecuted this Monday for the sexual abuse of a teenager, 18, in July 2016, appearing for a judge at Nantucket, Massachusetts.
According to local media, Spacey did not plead guilty to that amount, which had been expected since December last year. On that occasion, his lawyers sent legal documents to court where they announced that this would happen.
The actor was released on bail and was forbidden to contact the alleged victim or his family.
The alleged case of sexual assault dates back to July 2016, when one of Club Car's waiters, an establishment in that county, suffered an alleged sexual assault by Spacey.
According to the youth's complaint, he lied about his age and claimed he was 23 when he was 18, and started talking to the actor in a friendly manner.
The complainant said Spacey bought him more alcoholic drinks (The minimum age for drinking alcohol is 21 years) He told him the size of his penis and insisted several times to go to his house.
In the accusation it is also reported that the actor would have loved the waiter's thighs and unbuttoned his pants and rub his penis for about three minutes.
The young man wrote a recording of part of the alleged sexual touch on the Snapchat social network and sent his girlfriend the video, which was then verified by the government.
The next hearing of the case will be held on March 4. Judge Thomas Barrett argued that the plaintiff should not appear, thereby accepting a request from his lawyers.
The winner of two Oscar for "Habitual Suspects" (1995) and "American Beauty" (1999) and considered one of the best interpreters of his generation,Spacey career collapsed due to the gravity of the charges against him, including dozens of allegations of harassment and sexual abuse.
AFP and EFE