"Kathleen Kennedy has just confirmed that Boba Fett's film is 100% dead, 100% focused on EL MANDALORIANO."
By Adam Bankhurst
According to the president of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, the rumored The independent film of Boba Fett is "100% dead".
Through Dark Horizons, Sirius XM journalist Erick Weber tweeted The news said: "Kathleen Kennedy just confirmed that Boba Fett's movie is 100% dead, 100% focused on EL MANDALOR. #StarWars"
The Mandalorian is Jon Favreau's live-action Star Wars series, which will premiere exclusively at Disney's next broadcast service and will take place seven years after the Return of the Jedi events and will follow a new warrior inspired by Jango and Boba Fett.
No more information was provided on any of the projects, but this largely coincides with Disney CEO Bob Iger's statement that, with respect to future Star Wars films, "we can expect some slowdown."
Earlier this year, it was reported that James Mangold, the writer and director of Logan, was going to write and direct an independent "Star Wars Story" based on the iconic bounty hunter, Boba Fett.
There have also been rumors of an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, although Ewan McGregor says that, at least as far as he is concerned, "there are no plans."
While we may not be getting an independent film from Boba Fett at this time, next year we will see the release of Star Wars: Episode IX on December 20, 2019.
Adam Bankhurst is an IGN news writer who would have loved to see a Boba Fett movie, but is excited to hear about the new adventurers in a galaxy far, far away. You can follow him on Twitter. @AdamBankhurst